What is Management trainee?
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a two week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
The Operations Management Trainee position is a leadership role at BNSF Railway. These individuals lead a diverse workgroup to safely and efficiently accomplish work assignments and goals that are in line with the company’s vision.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The training program will include:
- Orientation into safety certification, warranty procedures, Best Way, Condition Based Maintenance, Bad Actor Program, Contract Maintenance and Foreign Billing, Audit Procedures and railroad computer applications.
- Technical Training both in the field and at the Technical Training Center (TCC) in Overland Park, KS.
- Develop railroad knowledge to understand operations focused on engineering department, including interacting with other operations departments.
- Provide project planning and scope development support.
- Provide project management support, including maintaining project managing systems.
- Support securing construction and environmental permits.
- Identify and coordinate property purchase and utility relocations with other BNSF departments and real estate service providers.
- Provide surveying support, project administration, inspection and ensure conformance to BNSF’s standards and specifications.
- Implement and manage construction safety processes.
- Evaluate and manage change orders associated with projects.
- Support cash flow forecast process with Finance Department.
- Coordinate internal Signal, Track, Telecommunications and Structures design and construction activities to progress the overall project.
- Provide review of proposed BNSF customer project concepts and plans.
- Provide BNSF Economic Development and Marketing Departments with engineering guidance.
- Maintain engineering portions of customer project tracking system (Zephyr).
- Furnish engineering support for drainage problems, embankment stability and emergency repairs as necessary.
- Support the preparation of detailed estimates for the Capital Expenditure Program.
- Assist working with public agencies on interdependent projects.